Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Back from Mississippi

Over the weekend I was at the Crossroads Film Festival in Jackson Mississippi. My screening went well, although it was probably the coldest crowd reaction my film has ever gotten; the only laughs came from Dan...you know Dan, the nice guy from New York. Up to now it has only screened along with animation or other similar films and screened to mostly liberal audiences. I think that the docile crowd reaction was mostly because it was paired with a feature film set in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina. The people seemed to enjoy my short based on the Q&A, but probably didn't know what to make of a stop motion short preceding a film of that nature, even though they dealt with similar subject matters.

Aside from that, everyone down there was nice and Popeye's has nothing on real southern red beans and white rice. And look, they had a giant R2-D2 mailbox!